3.27.2006

Mole People Like Music Too


I was chillin with my homie in the 42nd street subway station...that's Time Square to you non-NYers, and we noticed a large crowd centered around this cute lil thing, spritey and adorable with a mop top afro. I'd definitely think she's Lenny Kravitz's off-spring if I didn't know otherwise. Anyway, this chick, and she is a chick, had a huge mound of people just hanging off her every word. Now I've lived in NY for a while now, and several other major cities around the globe. And busking is not uncommon in the underground trams and trolleyways (busking = peeps playing music for dough in the subways), and I've even been known to throw a nickel or two to a deserving mole musician. But shit, this girl (name: Susan Cagle) has sold 30 THOUSAND CDs!!! This is how she makes her living! Her talent is derserving, and in true Cinderella fashion, she was pluched from the masses and signed to a major label. Album, recorded underneath the lurky and murky streets of Gotham, mind you, is due in stores May 23rd. You can actually hear the trains go by! Here is the result:

Susan Cagle - Shakespeare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home