2.07.2006

Woo Hoo WTF


KT Tunstall was the #1 selling artist in the UK last year, will she make it on American hallowed ground?

Following the trend of UK artists looking to get fat off the promised land (ummm...is it still considered a trend if it's been on-going for nearly 50 years?), KT's debut release "Eye to the Telescope" arrives in stores today. Whether she's worthy of the almighty American dollar remains to be seen.

Personally, I find the backing "woohoo" of her first single "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" to be utterly annoying, just like I find the same trait unlistenable in Blur's "Song 2", but decide for yourselves, me friends. For the record, I happen to be a fan of Blur, so perhaps there's hope for KT yet.

Blimey. Just felt like saying blimey 'cos it's a fun word to say (though my favorite British idiom happens to be wanker, in case you were wondering).

KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree

1 Comments:

Blogger Stargazer said...

A british co-worker put this CD on my Ipod some months back..I would say this is a very accurate review. She has a gorgeous voice in the manner of other lovely brit-invasioners of the past...but the parallel to Song2 was a good comparison..I am curious to see how she does.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home